We recognise and respect an Individual’s rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) and we comply with the requirements under the Act in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your Personal Information. For more information, please visit www.oaic.gov.au.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT INFORMATION AND WHY?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Name, Telephone Numbers, Street Address, Mailing Address and Email Address.
- Date of Birth, Gender, Age, Purchase History, Income, Occupation, Hobbies and Interests.
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which products and services you may have enquired about. Including any additional information which may be required to provide or deliver those products and services to you or respond to your enquiries.
- Additional information that you provide to us, either directly or indirectly through our website, social media, online presence, representatives or otherwise.
- Information you provide through our customer service, customer surveys or by any other means from time to time.
In addition to the above Personal Information, we may also collect anonymous information in relation to website activity. This information is used for the purposes of determining the performance of our website and online presence and how we can improve our product offering and the information we provide to you.
To effectively determine the performance of our online presence, we may use a third party to collect statistical data. In this instance, no personal information is collected. However, we may record IP addresses to record trends, manage our website, track usage and collect demographic information.
We use remarketing strategies via Google AdWords, the Google Display Network and Social Media to deliver advertising campaigns to you via other websites and social media platforms that you visit. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertisements like this, you can manage your settings via the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
Cookies are pieces of information collected and recorded to track each time you visit a website. Most web browsers are programmed to accept tracking technologies, i.e. Cookies. These technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s web browser. If you do not wish to receive any Cookies, you can change the settings for your web browser.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATON
Generally, we ask you to provide your personal information, thereby collecting it directly from you. We may obtain your personal information through the following channels:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations between yourself and our representatives;
- when you email us directly or via our website contact form;
- when you make an in-store or online purchase;
- when you subscribe to our mailing list, newsletter services, blog etc.;
- when you participate in surveys or other research;
- when you enter a promotion, competition or contest hosted by escooter; or
- when you provide information via Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
If you choose not to or are unable to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to
- provide the requested products or services to you;
- provide you with information about our products and services that you may want, including discount offers, sales or promotions; or
- tailor the content of our website to your preferences and enhance your online experience.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATON
We collect, record, manage and use your information to provide you with a better service, product offering, online experience and to understand your needs.
In order to provide you with the product or services you have requested, we may share your Personal Information amongst Related Bodies Corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
We collect, record, manage, use and disclose your Personal Information to:
- complete a transaction in-store or online and deliver products and services;
- provide our loyalty program;
- reply to your enquiries and customer service needs promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also record information on your communications with our customer service team;
- participate in Social Media communication;
- inform you of new products, services, events, promotions, etc through a variety of channels;
- complete your transactions faster and enhance your customer experience, both in-store and online;
- develop research and marketing strategies;
- provide you access to a protected area of our website;
- allow the implementation of our business processes and functions, including providing Personal Information to service providers or third parties.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATON
Disclosure of your Personal Information may occur in the following circumstances:
- to our employees, Related Bodies Corporate, contractors or service providers for the general operation of our business, website and online presence. This may include fulfilling requests by you, providing products and services to you, including but not limited to web hosting providers, Administrators of IT systems, mailing houses, couriers, postal services, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors and professional advisers, such as Accountants, Solicitors, Business Advisors and Consultants;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship for business and marketing related purposes;
- if you authorise and provide express consent for us to provide your Personal Information to any other person or organisation; or
- compliance with any relevant law.
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located outside of Australia. These entities may include, but are not limited to our data hosting and other IT and CRM service providers. We take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information.
DIRECT MARKETING MATERIALS
We may send you advertisements and direct marketing information that we consider may be of interest to you. In accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), we may send you mail, SMS, social media and email. We will endeavour to use your communication method of preference where indicated, whenever practicable.
We don’t want to be annoying! So, if you would like to be removed from all marketing communication, you can do so by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the communication.
We will not provide your Personal Information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATON
You may request access, make changes or corrections to the Personal Information we have recorded about you at any time by contacting us. We will endeavour to provide you access to the information to which are entitled via suitable means (e.g. mail or email). We reserve the right to charge an administration fee to cover our expenses involved in providing the information to you, if so the fee will be $30.00. You will not be charged for making any corrections or changes to your Personal Information.
In some circumstances, we may not be able to grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example; if your request would result in the disclosure of someone else’s Personal Information and result in a breach of Privacy or Confidentiality. Should this occur, we will notify you accordingly.
If you believe we hold Personal Information about you that is incorrect, incomplete or requires changes, you may request for us to amend and update the information.
BREACH OF PRIVACY
We take privacy very seriously here at escooter. If you have a concern or believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately and provide full details of the incident in writing so that we can investigate. When investigating an alleged privacy breach, our business processes may include; making an initial assessment and taking steps to contain the breach, establishing a team to coordinate a response and consider what and whose Personal Information was involved, determine the potential risk and the context of the information involved, determine the cause of the breach, conduct a risk analysis and determine a course of action, including notification to interested parties, as required.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We take security very seriously here at escooter. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or alteration.
All enquiries or complaints will be treated confidentially. We will contact you as soon as practical after receiving your request or complaint to discuss your concerns.